Please See Below for Forwarding to FamilyReEntry.org and Prisonist.org. Thank You!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

All Things are Possible for Those Who Believe, By Barry S. Diamond - Guest Blogger & Reentry Survivor

Prisonist.org: Faith & Dignity 
for the Days Ahead
Blogs, Guest Blogs & News



All Things are Possible for
Those Who Believe

By Barry S. Diamond - Guest Blogger 
& Founder of the P.R.I.D.E. Program





The journey

I walked out of prison in 2012 with a box of my belongings, picked up by my wife & returned to a new life that was different.  Who am I now?  I know who I was when I went in.  While incarcerated I learned about another society hidden from view, “THE CONVICT”.  I was now a part of that society, forever.  Day to day living & connections  were taken care of by family & friends who welcomed me back.  What was I to do with my life to make it worthwhile.  What could I contribute to help my fellow felons who needed help when they returned.  I went to my house of worship & asked for guidance.  My spiritual leader introduced me to Dan Braccio at the Council of Churches of Greater Bridgeport, who set me on a clear path that has given me hope & fulfillment.  If you want to find yourself you only have to help others find themselves & in the process you find yourself.

The path

The miracle was developing a training program called P.R.I.D.E. PROGRAM (people reentering into doing entrepreneurship) exclusively  training inmates , released inmates & people with a criminal background how to go into business for themselves.  We are opening training sites in Bridgeport, New Haven, Hartford, Waterbury, Enfield.  We also will be training Federal released prisoners as part of an existing Federal Grant recently given.  Many colleges have inquired about the course being given at their institution.  The course is currently being converted to an online course for possible use in prisons in other states.

For more information:
theprideprogram@gmail.com
reentrysurvivors.com

________

DONATIONS

We are grateful for all donations to our Ministries that enable us to grow, reach out and serve this community for which there is far too little understanding, compassion and empathy.  Donations can be made by credit card/PayPal here, at the "Donate" button on on our site, prisonist.org, or by sending your check payable to: "Progressive Prison Ministries, Inc." P.O. Box 1232, Weston, Connecticut 06883. 


Progressive Prison Ministries, Inc. is a CT Religious Corp. with 501c3 status - all donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. Thank you for your support and generosity.


__________


If you, a friend or a family member are experiencing a white-collar or nonviolent incarceration issue, please contact us and we will promptly send you an information package by mail, email or via Dropbox.

The darkest days of a person's life can be a

time of renewal and hope


__________



Progressive Prison Project/  
Innocent Spouse & Children Project

Rev. Jeff Grant, JD, M Div, Minister/Director
jgrant@prisonist.org
(o) 203-769-1096
(m) 203-339-5887
Twitter
Facebook
Linked In
Pinterest
Google+



Lynn Springer, Founding Advocate, Innocent Spouse & Children Project
lspringer@prisonist.org

(203) 536-5508


George Bresnan, Advocate, Ex-Pats
gbresnan@prisonist.org
(203) 609-5088

Jim Gabal, Development
jgabal@prisonist.org
(203) 858-2865

Babz Rawls Ivy, Media Contact
mediababz@gmail.com
(203) 645-9278   

No comments:

Post a Comment