Please See Below for Forwarding to FamilyReEntry.org and Prisonist.org. Thank You!

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Fifth Letter from Prison, by Lee Gutierrez, Guest Blogger: A New Light Shining



Prisonist.org: Faith & Dignity 
for the Days Ahead
Blogs, Guest Blogs & News


Fifth Letter from Prison: 
A New Light Shining

by Lee Gutierrez, Guest Blogger



This is the fifth letter of Lee's from prison 
that we're publishing with his permission.   
He wrote it from from a new
 prison, during which transfer we were unable to communicate. Lee's first four letters were among the most read posts ever 
on prisonist.org:



Dear Jeff, 

YES, yes, 'Houston we have contact!" Your response to XXX's email was appreciated.  I really didn't expect to hear from you. It's comforting to know I am still in your thoughts....

Wow, I've been incarcerated for 2 years, 7 months, time is passing. This weekend my son [almost 3 years old] is coming for a visit, my folks are coming North now that spring has arrived. I haven't seen his angelic face in 6 weeks, I can't wait.  He is growing in leaps and bounds, he has my heart. 

In September of last year my transfer went through.  I dropped down to a medium classification in July, 2015 but they wouldn't confirm it. In late August there was a gang war, in two days there were seven cuttings.   We were in lock-down for a week.  Once lock-down was over, they shipped about 30 inmates out at once.  "The place that has no name" is a horrific place.  Murders, cuttings, suicide, overdoses, 5 dead in one year, all hidden from the public. There is a hell on earth. 

I have so much emotion within me, so much fear, anger and resentment. That leg of my journey may be past me, but the emotion scares linger...damage has been done, I don't know if it will ever heal. There is so much pain inside that needs to come out, to be expelled from my spirit, to be shared with others.  I have no time now to focus on this task...

My Appeal, what a challenge... [redacted]

Currently to keep my mind busy I enrolled into a certificate course of Paralegal studies.  Studying law and researching the case has piqued my interest.  I plan to send an updated resume to law firms in Manhattan and Long Island... If you have any thoughts on this subject, that would be appreciated. 

Jeff, I am in good spirits, my Lord is providing strength and hope. He has given me the opportunity to rebuild my relationships, believing that I am loved and needed. I wish all the mates in prison could see the light the way I do. 

Going forward I will be writing down my thoughts again and sending them to you as I perfect them.  You are very kind to say that my articles are still being read. May you and your blessed family have an uplifting spring.  Rejoice in the work you are doing and celebrate life each day.

Your friend, 

Lee 
__________

Donations

We are grateful for all donations this past year to our Ministries. These donations enable us to grow, reach out and serve this community for which there is far too little understanding, compassion, empathy and accurate information.  Progressive Prison Ministries, Inc. is a CT Religious Corp. with 501c3 status -

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R6XKLHXQJ6YJY

all donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. We hope you will consider making a donation to our appeal this year.  Donations can be made by credit card/PayPal here, at the "Donate" button on on our site, prisonist.org or by sending your check payable to: "Progressive Prison Ministries, Inc." P.O. Box 1232, Weston, Connecticut 06883.  We have enclosed an addressed envelope for your use. Thank you.
__________ 
 

If you, a friend or a family member are experiencing a white-collar or nonviolent incarceration issue, please contact us and we will promptly send you an information package by mail, email or via Dropbox.

The darkest days of a person's life can be a

time of renewal and hope

__________


Progressive Prison Project/  
Innocent Spouse & Children Project

Rev. Jeff Grant, JD, M Div, Minister/Director
jgrant@prisonist.org
(o) 203-769-1096
(m) 203-339-5887
Twitter
Facebook
Linked In
Pinterest
Google+



Lynn Springer, Founding Advocate, Innocent Spouse & Children Project
lspringer@prisonist.org

(203) 536-5508


George Bresnan, Advocate, Ex-Pats
gbresnan@prisonist.org
(203) 609-5088

Jim Gabal, Development
jgabal@prisonist.org
(203) 858-2865

Babz Rawls Ivy, Media Contact
mediababz@gmail.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment